Thursday 3 March 2011 - 8PM EST (7:30PM SA)
Present: Kelly Yeoh, Michael Carden, Mary Gardiner, John Ferlito, Alice Boxhall, Joshua Hesketh, Peter Lieverdink
- Council face to face
- Working on the agenda. All flights and accommodation are booked. ACTION: John to look at the f2f agenda ACTION: John to ask members for discussion topics the council should discuss at f2f.
- LCA bid process
- John will mail a reminder to the lists that bids will open on March 15. John will remind teams they can run drafts past the council if they want support.
- LCA Ghosts
- LCA Ghosts was held in Ballarat this past weekend. It went pretty well and the council is confident the Ballarat team will deliver a great conference next year.
- Budget progress
- Discuss the budget at face 2 face.
- Ada Initiative sponsorship announcements
- There has been discussion on the council list regarding the donation to tAI and the generally positive response from members. Mary says the Ada Initiative are preparing an announcement.
Plan for presentation of financials & audit for 2010 and subsequent years
- Joshua has contacted an auditor for a quote and is working on the treasurer's report, so it can be presented to members along with the announcement of the SGM. ACTION: Joshua: Investigate with Fair Trading NSW whether the LA financial year can be shifted, so the end does not coincide with LCA.
- Donations policy
- Discuss the donation at face 2 face.
- Mary's list policy draft
- Discuss the list policy at face 2 face. The council would like to thank Kathy Reid for her initial work on this policy.
- Drupal Down Under 2012
- Motion to accept the request by Brian and support DDU2012. Proposed: John Seconded: Joshua Peter abstains due to a conflict of interest. TODO: Joshua to contact DDU2011 treasurer and finalise the accounts for handover.
- SFD Melbourne
- John has replied to Kathy. ACTION: Peter to do an inventory in the near future, so we have an idea of what we can send to teams.
- PLUG schwag request
- John has replied to Alastair.
- SLUG's motion to wind up
- There are some caveats in the SLUG request, which the council isn't entirely sure about. We will contact James regarding these points prior to making a decision. The council will finalise the LUG policy and ask members for feedback, before making a decision.
Ran this past weekend and very well. 200 attendees. Anthony says he will rerun WCMelb next year. There may be a GoldCoast WC later this year as well.
- Michael is attending event at the national library tomorrow.